With every book you purchase,
KNO will donate $1 to a classroom in need.
Do Well, Do Good
eTextbook: The Princeton Encyclopedia of the World Economy. (Two volume set)
Author(s): Reinert, Kenneth A.; Rajan, Ramkishen S.; Glass, Amy Joycelyn
ISBN 10: 069112812X. See all ISBN's
ISBN 13: 9780691128122
Publisher: Princeton University Press
This is an eTextbook Learn More
Increasing economic globalization has made understanding the world economy more important than ever. From trade agreements to offshore outsourcing to foreign aid, this two-volume encyclopedia explains the key elements of the world economy and provides a first step to further research for students and scholars in public policy, international studies, business, and the broader social sciences, as well as for economic policy professionals.
Written by an international team of contributors, this comprehensive reference includes more than 300 up-to-date entries covering a wide range of topics in international trade, finance, production, and economic development. These topics include concepts and principles, models and theory, institutions and agreements, policies and instruments, analysis and tools, and sectors and special issues. Each entry includes cross-references and a list of sources for further reading and research. Complete with an index and a table of contents that groups entries by topic, The Princeton Encyclopedia of the World Economy is an essential resource for anyone who needs to better understand the global economy.
- More than 300 alphabetically arranged articles on topics in international trade, finance, production, and economic development
- International team of contributors
- Annotated list of further reading with each article
- Topical list of entries
- Full index and cross-references
Entry categories and sample topics:
- Concepts and principles: globalization, anti-globalization, fair trade, foreign direct investment, international migration, economic development, multinational enterprises
- Models and theory: Heckscher-Ohlin model, internalization theory, New Trade Theory, North-South trade, Triffin dilemma
- Institutions and agreements: European Union, International Monetary Fund, World Trade Organization, World Bank, Doha Round, international investment agreements
- Policies and instruments: dollar standard, international aid, sanctions, tariffs
- Analysis and tools: exchange rate forecasting, effective protection, monetary policy rules
- Sectors and special issues: child labor, corporate governance, the digital divide, health and globalization, illegal drugs trade, petroleum, steel
All ISBN's for this title:
ISBN 10: 069112812X, ISBN 13: 9780691128122, eISBN 10: 1400830400, eISBN 13: 97814008304041. List price can refer to either the digital or print list price, whichever is available to Kno.
Kno offers a 15-day, no questions asked, money back guarantee for all books you buy or rent through the Kno Bookstore. You are eligible for a full refund so long as you do not exceed the chapter limitation notification that appears in the textbook within a 15-day period.
Kno has the largest collection of digital textbooks on the market today. However, publishers do not have rights to make some of their textbooks available in a digital form. But that is changing over time and Kno is working with our publisher partners to make as many titles available digitally as possible.
An eTextbook is the digital version of a physical textbook.
All eTextbooks provided by Kno.com maintain the exact same page numbers and content as their physical versions.
Well, this is embarrassing.
Your transaction was not completed, please try again.
Sorry, there was a problem and your transaction was not processed completely. Please do not try to purchase this book again.
Instead contact Kno Customer Service at 1.877.935.6648 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide them with the following message number "1201" and they will resolve the issue.
Oops, looks like you already own this book.
Please check your course manager and review your purchased titles.
Hmmm, that's strange.
It appears that this title is not in our catalog after all.
The transaction did not complete because your credit card was declined. Possible reasons include:
- Your bank or credit card company is having technical issues
- The credit card has expired
- The credit card does not have sufficient funds
Our credit card processing service does not specify the cause, so we recommend calling your credit card provider for details.
In a recent customer survey 54% of students using Kno got an A in their class. Kno has over 70 features that will improve your grades, save you time and help you get smarter!
Here's Just a Taste of What Kno Offers
organizes all your textbooks, PDFs and content in one spot.
instantly converts terms from your textbook into beautifully designed and smart flash cards.
brings Chemistry figures to life in select titles.
any text on a page.
turns any diagram in a book into a multiple choice quiz.
maps instructional videos, images, and photos to formulas & concepts in your book.