With every book you purchase,
KNO will donate $1 to a classroom in need.
Do Well, Do Good
eTextbook: Introduction to Modern Economic Growth
Author(s): Acemoglu, Daron
ISBN 10: 0691132925. See all ISBN's
ISBN 13: 9780691132921
Publisher: Princeton University Press
This is an eTextbook Learn More
Introduction to Modern Economic Growth is a groundbreaking text from one of today's leading economists. Daron Acemoglu gives graduate students not only the tools to analyze growth and related macroeconomic problems, but also the broad perspective needed to apply those tools to the big-picture questions of growth and divergence. And he introduces the economic and mathematical foundations of modern growth theory and macroeconomics in a rigorous but easy to follow manner.
After covering the necessary background on dynamic general equilibrium and dynamic optimization, the book presents the basic workhorse models of growth and takes students to the frontier areas of growth theory, including models of human capital, endogenous technological change, technology transfer, international trade, economic development, and political economy. The book integrates these theories with data and shows how theoretical approaches can lead to better perspectives on the fundamental causes of economic growth and the wealth of nations.
Innovative and authoritative, this book is likely to shape how economic growth is taught and learned for years to come.
- Introduces all the foundations for understanding economic growth and dynamic macroeconomic analysis
- Focuses on the big-picture questions of economic growth
- Provides mathematical foundations
- Presents dynamic general equilibrium
- Covers models such as basic Solow, neoclassical growth, and overlapping generations, as well as models of endogenous technology and international linkages
- Addresses frontier research areas such as international linkages, international trade, political economy, and economic development and structural change
- An accompanying Student Solutions Manual containing the answers to selected exercises is available (978-0-691-14163-3/$24.95). See: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/8970.html.
- For Professors only: To access a complete solutions manual online, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All ISBN's for this title:
ISBN 10: 0691132925, ISBN 13: 9780691132921, eISBN 10: 1400835771, eISBN 13: 97814008357751. List price can refer to either the digital or print list price, whichever is available to Kno.
Kno offers a 15-day, no questions asked, money back guarantee for all books you buy or rent through the Kno Bookstore. You are eligible for a full refund so long as you do not exceed the chapter limitation notification that appears in the textbook within a 15-day period.
Kno has the largest collection of digital textbooks on the market today. However, publishers do not have rights to make some of their textbooks available in a digital form. But that is changing over time and Kno is working with our publisher partners to make as many titles available digitally as possible.
An eTextbook is the digital version of a physical textbook.
All eTextbooks provided by Kno.com maintain the exact same page numbers and content as their physical versions.
Well, this is embarrassing.
Your transaction was not completed, please try again.
Sorry, there was a problem and your transaction was not processed completely. Please do not try to purchase this book again.
Instead contact Kno Customer Service at 1.877.935.6648 or by email at email@example.com and provide them with the following message number "1201" and they will resolve the issue.
Oops, looks like you already own this book.
Please check your course manager and review your purchased titles.
Hmmm, that's strange.
It appears that this title is not in our catalog after all.
The transaction did not complete because your credit card was declined. Possible reasons include:
- Your bank or credit card company is having technical issues
- The credit card has expired
- The credit card does not have sufficient funds
Our credit card processing service does not specify the cause, so we recommend calling your credit card provider for details.
In a recent customer survey 54% of students using Kno got an A in their class. Kno has over 70 features that will improve your grades, save you time and help you get smarter!
Here's Just a Taste of What Kno Offers
organizes all your textbooks, PDFs and content in one spot.
instantly converts terms from your textbook into beautifully designed and smart flash cards.
brings Chemistry figures to life in select titles.
any text on a page.
turns any diagram in a book into a multiple choice quiz.
maps instructional videos, images, and photos to formulas & concepts in your book.