eTextbook: Microeconomic Foundations I
Author(s): Kreps, David M.
ISBN 10: 0691155836. See all ISBN's
ISBN 13: 9780691155838
Publisher: Princeton University Press
This is an eTextbook Learn More
Microeconomic Foundations I develops the choice, price, and general equilibrium theory topics typically found in first-year theory sequences, but in deeper and more complete mathematical form than most standard texts provide. The objective is to take the reader from acquaintance with these foundational topics to something closer to mastery of the models and results connected to them.
- Provides a rigorous treatment of some of the basic tools of economic modeling and reasoning, along with an assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of these tools
- Complements standard texts
- Covers choice, preference, and utility; structural properties of preferences and utility functions; basics of consumer demand; revealed preference and Afriat's Theorem; choice under uncertainty; dynamic choice; social choice and efficiency; competitive and profit-maximizing firms; expenditure minimization; demand theory (duality methods); producer and consumer surplus; aggregation; general equilibrium; efficiency and the core; GET, time, and uncertainty; and other topics
- Features a free web-based student's guide, which gives solutions to approximately half the problems, and a limited-access instructor's manual, which provides solutions to the rest of the problems
- Contains appendixes that review most of the specific mathematics employed in the book, including a from-first-principles treatment of dynamic programming
All ISBN's for this title:
ISBN 10: 0691155836, ISBN 13: 9780691155838, eISBN 10: 140084536X, eISBN 13: 97814008453611. List price can refer to either the digital or print list price, whichever is available to Kno.
Kno offers a 15-day, no questions asked, money back guarantee for all books you buy or rent through the Kno Bookstore. You are eligible for a full refund so long as you do not exceed the chapter limitation notification that appears in the textbook within a 15-day period.
Kno has the largest collection of digital textbooks on the market today. However, publishers do not have rights to make some of their textbooks available in a digital form. But that is changing over time and Kno is working with our publisher partners to make as many titles available digitally as possible.
An eTextbook is the digital version of a physical textbook.
All eTextbooks provided by Kno.com maintain the exact same page numbers and content as their physical versions.
Well, this is embarrassing.
Your transaction was not completed, please try again.
Sorry, there was a problem and your transaction was not processed completely. Please do not try to purchase this book again.
Instead contact Kno Customer Service at 1.877.935.6648 or by email at email@example.com and provide them with the following message number "1201" and they will resolve the issue.
Oops, looks like you already own this book.
Please check your course manager and review your purchased titles.
Hmmm, that's strange.
It appears that this title is not in our catalog after all.
The transaction did not complete because your credit card was declined. Possible reasons include:
- Your bank or credit card company is having technical issues
- The credit card has expired
- The credit card does not have sufficient funds
Our credit card processing service does not specify the cause, so we recommend calling your credit card provider for details.
In a recent customer survey 54% of students using Kno got an A in their class. Kno has over 70 features that will improve your grades, save you time and help you get smarter!
Here's Just a Taste of What Kno Offers
organizes all your textbooks, PDFs and content in one spot.
instantly converts terms from your textbook into beautifully designed and smart flash cards.
any text on a page.
turns any diagram in a book into a multiple choice quiz.
maps instructional videos, images, and photos to formulas & concepts in your book.